Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ENTRY #6

On page 21 i had an interesting realization. I related the book to my life.Lucy the youngest child in The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe is not trusted by her older siblings. She feels they are acting to much like adults. When i was reading the chapter that Lucy explores Narnia i felt terrible knowing how she felt. The way the author told the reaction it was as if i was looking in a real younger siblings life.

  I myself am a younger sibling, i have 2 older brothers. So when going through the process of re-reaing and backtracking my child hood books i began to backtrack my childhood. I though about all the times my brothers didn't believe when i swore there was a monster under my bed. Or when i ran out of my room screaming " there is an evil monkey in my closet!" So as i continued to read it made the book more enjoyable that i made a connection at a very early part in the book. Now thinking about it, this reminds me of Fish bowling, an activity in elementary school where we pick 2 people to have a book talk in front of the class.


Thinking about the point of the entry, it was to expand on a note. To fully do that i feel that i must backtrack 2 dimentionally into my past. My brothers at times were sympathetic and understanding. They cared that I was little and needed those lessons to learn and live like they did to grow up and find out the harsh way like every other child. Thinking about this i remembered by brother telling me he saw the tooth fairy in my room the night before. I remember feeling so excited to loose another tooth he made it seem so real to me. Just like the author of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. He know's exactly what younger siblings are like and i appreciate having the full experience of that in the book. This book has sent for a ride on the blast from the past. Remembering things that i never should have forgotten. And, that is the beauty of re-reading childhood books.




2 comments:

  1. Really good connections to the book and how u can relate to it good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like your text to self connection. i know how you feel about being a younger sibling and not having your siblings believe you

    ReplyDelete