Monday, January 24, 2011

Immitation poem of Don't take my Air Jordans

Stepping on the sidewalk with thumps of cracking snow
Glittery droppings of carefully carved snowflakes melt from the warmth of the bittersweet air
In one hand my gloves in the other a bag dragging on the floor
Hopping up with every inperfection in the fallen snow

My bag held some money and a coat not wanted
The wind rushed past my uncombed hair and withered away at my licked lips    
Chapstick stayed untouched in the pocket of my sweatshirt
I kept on walking past the blinking red light only to remember i didn't know where i was going

I knew that i would find something worth wanting but didn't even have a clue of with it might be
People in my life always knew what they wanted and knew how to get it
I only had half of that
I knew how to get anything I set my mind to but I could never decide what that should be


I knew i wanted happiness and that was the only thing stomping me on how to get it
So i walked
Past the Deli, the bagel shop, the schools, the jewelry stores, the shoe store, and the sporting goods place
Until i was happy with what i was doing


Only to find that the feeling in the pit of my stomach wasn't happiness but was the feeling of being unsatisfied

No comments:

Post a Comment